I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, April 29, 2010

This is my Erin-Girl


*Erin has no problem standing up for herself & her big sister. We've been training our new puppy, Millie, and sometimes Millie will nip at the kids (although not so much anymore, thank goodness!). We'd try to get the kids to stand up to Millie and tell her no. Elaina had more of a difficult time doing this - she would lie there with Millie attacking her, and then Erin would come out of nowhere and shout "NO Mi-yee. Don't bite Yay-na" (="NO Millie! Don't bite Elaina!"). And Millie obeyed her commands and stopped. It is so adorable to see little sister stand up for big sister.

*Erin is also Millie's dinner-time favorite. It's no coincidence when our family is at the table that Millie sits herself on the ground between Erin and Mike (yes, Mike is very guilty too!). Millie knows where to be if she wants something yummy!

*I had to take Elaina in to get her H1N1 shot, and she knew what was coming. As I was preparing her to go to the doctor she started crying (we hadn't even left the house yet!) because she didn't want a shot. Erin came in and reassured her: "it's ok Yay-na (=Elaina)....don't cry....I'll make it all better....it won't hurt Yay-na.....shhhh, it's okay.....I'll make it all better."

*She insists that I call her by a princess name at all times. I'll call: "Erin, come help me unload the dishwasher" and I'll hear: "no, I'm Cinderella." Until I concede and call her by her proper princess name (Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine, or Giselle....it changes constantly!) she won't come and do what she's asked.

*Oh, and she gives the best hugs. Sometimes I'll sit and have her hug me over and over again because it just feels so good. Everybody needs an "Erin-hug" as often as they can get it!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

So cute!!!

Amy Martin said...

I love it! What a sweetheart!

amespj said...

I'll take an Erin hug, right now! I wish!!!