I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Funny Things Elaina Has Said...

These are my favorite things to post because I think the girls are hilarious!

*I realized recently that Elaina thinks Target is called "run some errands." We'll pass it and she'll say "look Mommy, it's run some errands" or she'll come home and tell Daddy that we bought something at "run some errands today." It took me a while to figure out why when I would tell her that we're going to run some errands, she would throw a fit if we pulled into the HEB parking lot or any other place. Now I get it! :)

*While my Mom was here, Elaina and my Mom and I were going to play Candy Land. Her prized possession, Kitty was sitting on the middle of the dining room table, where we were going to play, so my Mom (very gently!) tossed Kitty onto the couch. We thought Elaina was going to have a heart attack! She completely lost her breath, her eyes almost bugged out of her head, she was so in shock for several seconds she couldn't even say anything. And when she could finally compose herself, she totally reprimanded my Mom, saying "That wasn't very nice of you!!!"

*After Elaina's first day of Sunbeams, I asked her who her teacher was and she started listing off a couple ladies in the primary presidency (her teacher was out of town for the first few weeks), so she said "Sister Morrill, and Sister...Sister...Sister-Addison's-Mommy." Sorry Robyn, I guess we lose our identity when we become Moms. You are apparently now Sister Addison's Mommy! :)

*Elaina turned to her friend Matthew at preschool at a totally random moment and said "Matthew, will you marry me in the temple?" And he turned back to her and said yes! Oh dear...

11 comments:

Kristi said...

YAY Allison, you caught your blog up!!!:) Love all the cute pics! Your girls look so much older just from when we moved..... I guess its been 6 months already!!!! Their hair is longer:) Looks like you guys have fun doing preschool! How great that Erin likes nursery and I knew Elaina would love primary! Its so weird that my youngest is now in Primary too!!! It makes me feel old, I'll never have anyone in nursery again! But I'm okay with that:)))))

Kristi said...

Oh and I love that Target is "run some errands!" Its so funny what they interpret!!!

Steph Thomas said...

These are hilarious I am glad that you posted these. I love the "run some errands", and to think that Kitty was so real, I hope Kitty is ok by such a traumatic experience. I loved that Elaina proposed to Matthew and that he didn't turn her down.
When I was in primary and got a new teacher I was so excited to tell my mom who my teacher was. Her name was Sister Openshaw but I said mommy, mommy my new teacher is Sister Opensocks.
"run some errands"....that is too funny.

Meli said...

jajaja thats funny!! Yesterday Elaina asked Richard if "he gets married" and without doubt he answered "yes"
kids are soo cute!

cms87 said...

Oh how cute. I love all of the things that Elaina said! I always mean to write those things down and then forget. Good for you for remembering them.

Kelli said...

That is so funnY! :) Oh my goodness! Those girls keep me laughing! I can't wait to see them, again. If you can't make it to the wedding, Tj and I will have to come out there to visit this summer! :)

Amy Martin said...

I'm so glad you updated! Candy Land is Kyle's prized possession as well. He loves it! It's so fun that they can play games so well now. I'm glad she likes sunbeams! What a funny girl.

MB said...

I love all your recent posts! I haven't visited your blog in a while. Your girls sound VERY cute and VERY smart. But, look who their parents are! :) Hope you are having a great new year!

Ina Coveney said...

Hi Lady! I finally got around to posting an entry myself, so I'm catching up with reading yours. Your girls are SO adorable. I love these little stories of how their minds work -- keep them coming!
Have a nice end-of-winter!!!
ina

amespj said...

I'm SO glad you record the cute things they say and do. I wish I had done more of that. I'll never forget the reaction when I abused Kitty - I thought I'd lost a granddaughter forever, but I'm glad I was forgiven.
I have one more 'cute thing' about Elaina to add. When we played Candyland she would throw her arms in the air and exclaim "I won!" But if I won it was the same reaction - arms thrown in the air and exclaim "You won!" Too bad we grow up to become adults and lose a kids' perspective.

Steph Thomas said...

Well, in a couple weeks you may start to feel like you have a little more time to blog. I look forward to your future posts:)