Elaina was so sad last October when several of her friends participated in the primary program at church and she didn't get to go up on the stand with them because she wasn't a Sunbeam yet. I told her that in a few months she could be a Sunbeam. Just a few days before Sunbeams started I realized that she thought she would be sitting on the stand and singing songs for me....not til October sweetie! I think she misses the snacks she got in nursery, but overall she loves being a Sunbeam and being with the big kids! In her first day she came home and I asked her what she talked about and she said "Earth." The other thing I love is that she got her very own set of scriptures to go to primary with. They are a little heavy for her, but she carries them with two hands and is so proud to be carrying them around with her. I can't believe she's old enough to be in primary!
I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)
Friday, January 30, 2009
New Sunbeam & New Nursery Girl
January 4 was a really exciting day for all of us! Elaina had her first day as a Sunbeam, and Erin started going to nursery!! Erin has adjusted well and I've even been able to sneak out without her noticing I'm gone! I'm sure that won't be the case every time though. She loves the class, but for now she's mostly interested in climbing on the little chairs. Bubble time is a huge hit for her too.
Elaina was so sad last October when several of her friends participated in the primary program at church and she didn't get to go up on the stand with them because she wasn't a Sunbeam yet. I told her that in a few months she could be a Sunbeam. Just a few days before Sunbeams started I realized that she thought she would be sitting on the stand and singing songs for me....not til October sweetie! I think she misses the snacks she got in nursery, but overall she loves being a Sunbeam and being with the big kids! In her first day she came home and I asked her what she talked about and she said "Earth." The other thing I love is that she got her very own set of scriptures to go to primary with. They are a little heavy for her, but she carries them with two hands and is so proud to be carrying them around with her. I can't believe she's old enough to be in primary!
Elaina was so sad last October when several of her friends participated in the primary program at church and she didn't get to go up on the stand with them because she wasn't a Sunbeam yet. I told her that in a few months she could be a Sunbeam. Just a few days before Sunbeams started I realized that she thought she would be sitting on the stand and singing songs for me....not til October sweetie! I think she misses the snacks she got in nursery, but overall she loves being a Sunbeam and being with the big kids! In her first day she came home and I asked her what she talked about and she said "Earth." The other thing I love is that she got her very own set of scriptures to go to primary with. They are a little heavy for her, but she carries them with two hands and is so proud to be carrying them around with her. I can't believe she's old enough to be in primary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yeeeeeeeyy hurray for nursery!! and sunbeams!!
How fun. Lily will be in nursery in 6 months and I am counting down!!!
Erin is so big! I can't believe it. I need to see you.
I'm glad they both love their classes. And we're happy Elaina is enjoying her scriptures. I know how good she is at singing the Primary songs too - she will be ready for the program in more ways than one.
Post a Comment