It was just the four of us for Christmas this year, which was a first. It was nice to be in our own home and start some of our own traditions. I made a small Turkey dinner on Christmas Eve, and Elaina and I decorated sugar cookies for Santa that day. During the month of December, Elaina's first priority when she woke up was to add a piece to our Nativity Advent Calendar and we'd talk about Christ's birth every day. It was so wonderful to watch her learn and love the story.

Tradition on my side of the family is that my Nana has one present for everyone to open Christmas eve, which are always pajamas. So that's how we started off Christmas Eve. Here are Elaina and Erin in their brand new pajamas:

We then read from Luke 2 and read other good Christmas stories. I even made us all sing carols (I'm a dork, but you have to sing on Christmas!). The girls wrote a letter to Santa (and he replied!) and set out cookies and carrots from him and Rudoph (which they loved!).



New Chair, Good Candy & Nose picking!
2 comments:
How fun! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas.
I'm glad you're starting your own traditions. Next year we'll be there with you for Christmas.
Post a Comment