Mike and I got to celebrate our 5 year anniversary with an overnight trip to Dallas! I told him months ago that I wanted to go away for our anniversary - I didn't care where, I just wanted to go somewhere! So when we found out that his favorite band, Steely Dan, was playing in Dallas the day after our anniversary, we decided to celebrate our anniversary in Dallas with tickets to see them in concert. It worked out perfectly and we had a great time!
Our friend Erin offered to stay overnight with the girls when she found out that we were going away. We really appreciate her and her two little kiddos, Graham and Annie, being so willing to spend the night at our house with the kids. I know our girls had a blast! Elaina is still talking about it and all the fun things they did. And our little Erin (who is very attached to Mommy right now) got attached to my friend Erin as well! For both of their sakes, I'm glad! The next morning my friend Robyn also helped us out by watching them all morning at her house. I don't think the girls even missed us, they had so much fun while we were gone! It makes the trip that much better to know that the kids had a great time too. So a million thanks to Robyn and Erin for helping us make this happen!
The concert was great! I really like Steely Dan, but I usually only listen to them when Mike has it on, but I actually knew most of the songs too...he does listen to them a lot! :) It's amazing how talented these musicians are, especially at improv, which they did a lot of that night. I have a new appreciation for this band after attending the concert. Mostly though, it was great to be there with Mike. This last year has been pretty busy and stressful that it was nice to have a worry free weekend before it started all over again. Elaina was so excited for us too when I told her that Mommy and Daddy where going on a date (she knows what a date is because Princess Giselle talks about it in Enchanted). This song is called Kid Charlemagne, and it was the last song they played during the encore, and also one of our favorites of the night. The camera really distorts the sound pretty badly.
Happy Anniversary Mike, I love you! :)
Happy Anniversary Mike, I love you! :)
7 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary you guys! How fun to go over night somewhere. I can't believe we're all going on 5 years! I'm glad you had a good time.
So glad to have been able to help! Happy Anniversary!
It is nice to get away and have a nice worry free weekend once in a while! Happy Anniversary!! It sounds like you guys had a great time!
Happy Anniversary! I love that picture of you guys. You look so happy to get away! :o)
I'm glad you had such a great time!! It is so nice to be people for awhile huh? You both look so great too. Can you tell me how you know when your friend's blogs are updated like you have with the time? (does that make sense? Okay, I'm tired.)
Happy anniversary. I am glad that you guys got to "get away." I can't believe that you have been married 5 years. Way to go.
Post a Comment