I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm Done with Three!

Elaina and I had a funny conversation on Monday, just a couple days after her birthday party:

Mom: Elaina, did you have a fun birthday party?
Elaina: Ya, I did! I want to have another birthday party! I want to have a Dumbo party!
Mom: Well, we have to wait till next year when you turn four.
Elaina: I want to be four. I'm done with three.
Mom: Well, you won't be four for a while.
Elaina: I want to be one then. I'm done with three.
Mom: You don't want to be one again! You've already been one. Besides, if you're one, you won't be able to talk. Erin's one.
Elaina: Erin can talk! She can say "da-da-da"!!!!

Since then we've heard many many times that she is done with three. I can't believe it! She was so excited to be three and has been talking about it for months. Now as soon as she's three, she's ready to be done with it?!?!?!?!

6 comments:

Jenna and Daniel said...

Happy Birthday Elaina!
I guess she already knows that it is a feminine trait to change your mind and to never be quite satisfied.

Erin said...

She's adorable, that one! I really enjoyed talking to Elaina. She has a darling way of talking and thinking about things.

Romi said...

That's so cute!! I just love the way kids think and say things!

Amy Martin said...

Cutest conversation ever! She cracks me up! By the way, I wanted to tell you what an incredible people person Elaina is! She is just so cute! We loved the B-day party and now Kyle tells me everyday that it's his turn for a B-day. Yeah, right?

Nana M said...

That was a cute conversation. Thanks for sharing it. Tell Elaina to enjoy being three, there are so many exciting things in life at age 3. I enjoyed our chat today. Nanny M.

amespj said...

Three is a wonderful age and stage Elaina! You can do so many new things on your own - like sumersaults and dress yourself (which I enjoyed seeing you do on Web Cam the other day) but best of all is we can have such interesting conversations now. I'm glad you had a fun party and 2 great cakes! What a wonderful Mommy you have. I love you!