Elaina turned three this month!!! It was a special birthday because it was 08-08-o8 this year! So When Elaina was born she was 8lb 8 oz as well, so 8 has got to be her lucky number! So I'm pretty sure that this means it's going to be a lucky year, right?!?
Elaina is our little social butterfly and I always write about how talkative she is because some of the funniest things come out of this little girl's mouth. However, one other wonderful quality about Elaina is that she is so thoughtful of others. This is especially true of her relationship with Erin - she always makes sure that Erin has a toy or a cup or food, or whatever she feels that Erin needs at the time. It's so wonderful to see her be the big sister taking such good care of her little sister. The other day we were driving to Houston to a bbq with one of Mike's classmates and Erin was getting fussy. Elaina reached over to Erin and held her hand, whispering "it's ok sweetie....we're almost there...you'll be ok." It calmed Erin down and Elaina held her hand for several minutes. And each time Erin would start crying again, Elaina would reach over and do it again. She's the same with me and Mike, always asking, "what can I do for you?" or making sure that our owwies get lots of kisses. Her relationships with people are very important to her, and she considers everyone a friend. She remembers specific details about people and what she learns about them. It amazes me what she observes and remembers about her friends and family that she interacts with. We're also so glad to have Elaina part of our family and we love this little girl so much! Happy Birthday Elaina!
The cake I made for our little family party turned out to be a disaster! I'm such an amateur at this, but the cake was lopsided, the frosting was melting by the time we were able to eat it, I ran out of frosting to edge it. Ah, it was a mess! And right before we were about to sing one of the corners completely fell off, so we had to squish it back into place for the sake of a good picture. Thank goodness little Elaina loved it and can't tell yet that it was a disaster. In her eyes it was a masterpiece and that's all the matters! And thank goodness for that! :)
Opening gifts with family


These pictures are from Elaina's birthday party with friends. It was a great day and I think everyone had a lot of fun! We decorated party hats, played relay games, pin-the-tail, and each guest got to pick a present from the "close line" as their party favor:

Pin-the-Tail on the camel
*courtesy of Nana & Grandpa in Saudi Arabia!
Elaina is our little social butterfly and I always write about how talkative she is because some of the funniest things come out of this little girl's mouth. However, one other wonderful quality about Elaina is that she is so thoughtful of others. This is especially true of her relationship with Erin - she always makes sure that Erin has a toy or a cup or food, or whatever she feels that Erin needs at the time. It's so wonderful to see her be the big sister taking such good care of her little sister. The other day we were driving to Houston to a bbq with one of Mike's classmates and Erin was getting fussy. Elaina reached over to Erin and held her hand, whispering "it's ok sweetie....we're almost there...you'll be ok." It calmed Erin down and Elaina held her hand for several minutes. And each time Erin would start crying again, Elaina would reach over and do it again. She's the same with me and Mike, always asking, "what can I do for you?" or making sure that our owwies get lots of kisses. Her relationships with people are very important to her, and she considers everyone a friend. She remembers specific details about people and what she learns about them. It amazes me what she observes and remembers about her friends and family that she interacts with. We're also so glad to have Elaina part of our family and we love this little girl so much! Happy Birthday Elaina!
The cake I made for our little family party turned out to be a disaster! I'm such an amateur at this, but the cake was lopsided, the frosting was melting by the time we were able to eat it, I ran out of frosting to edge it. Ah, it was a mess! And right before we were about to sing one of the corners completely fell off, so we had to squish it back into place for the sake of a good picture. Thank goodness little Elaina loved it and can't tell yet that it was a disaster. In her eyes it was a masterpiece and that's all the matters! And thank goodness for that! :)
Opening gifts with family

These pictures are from Elaina's birthday party with friends. It was a great day and I think everyone had a lot of fun! We decorated party hats, played relay games, pin-the-tail, and each guest got to pick a present from the "close line" as their party favor:
Pin-the-Tail on the camel*courtesy of Nana & Grandpa in Saudi Arabia!


5 comments:
She is so sweet! And so fun! You guys have the best girls! Addi had lots of fun and can't wait to see her again!
I like your cake!!=) YOu should have seen Hailey's first one I made. It looked sick, but it was yummy!! Happy Bday to Lana!! Hailey loved looking at the pictures. ANd you can tell her to switch over 3 if you want to avoid the attitude problem!
I loved reading about the party. It sounded like you gave her a very special day. And I loved the two cakes. Glad she did too. I was pleased the clothes-line game went so well and was fun.
Allison--you are the best mom in the world. Way to make her day special.
The Pin the Tail on the Camel picture is hilarious! I love that the blind fold is covering her ENTIRE face! :)
Post a Comment