I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Memories

I love reminiscing and saw this on a couple of my friends' blogs. So do it, it'll be fun!!! :)

1. As a comment on this post, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

9 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Remember when we stayed up till 2:00 in the morning painting my new house!? It was so much fun to spend time together and talk about our lives and kids and so on! I loved it!

Jenna and Daniel said...

Remember when we lived in #23 and we arranged our beds to have the most space possible and I was always a little afraid that there would be an earthquake and I would be crushed under the your bunk? (I'm a little paranoid about bunk beds.) And remember how the kitchen was too scary to cook in so we always ate on campus or ordered in? Once I came home and asked if you wanted to order Brick Oven and you laughed and said you already had, so they delivered twice in 15 minutes. So many more memories! I miss you so much!

Stacie said...

Remember when we lived in apt 5 and we put all four beds together in the one room so it was all beds from wall to wall. Sundays spent lying around on our beds talking all day. I remember when you would talk in your sleep and how mean you would get when we tried talking to you. No Bake Cookies uncookied straight from the pot.... "I got oats, who's got peanut butter?" Hot, stinky, stuck-to-the-bottom-of-the-couch squids, trying to ensure you a green card (poor Chris,) Lake Powell and captain Ron. Eating at La Carretta and you trying to get the waiter's attention... "excuse me, excuse me, excuse me" said in a quiet mouse voice. Stalking Jena on her date to that Indian resturant with that super-hero boy so that she didn't get abducted. So many good memories with you. I miss you tons! Love ya, stacie

MB said...

Hey lady!
I love these too! Ok, I remember the Kung Pow discussion, going to church with you and your sister coming to visit (hi Heather!), I remember all your friends from other wards and them seeing you on campus, roommmates getting stuff for you for the Canada Day/wedding shower dinner,
ging to the corn maze with you and Mike-Jordan and I having our first real conversation about US in Mike's truck.

Erin said...

Here's a *fun* memory - pouring out my heart with you & Steph at the lightly attended book club meeting you hosted. You guys were great listeners! I was glad it turned out to be just the three of us - even though we didn't really discuss the book, I loved being able to talk to you.

robyncreates said...

Okay Allison,

We haven't really gotten to spend a lot of time together, but I have loved it when we have...so with the few to pick from, I would say I am remembering when we got together to make hairbows for our little girls (but didn't get a whole lot done) :) and then the most recent, but I really enjoyed talking when you came over and we worked on Elaina's bday invitation together. :) COme over anytime! :)

Heather Bell said...

For only knowing you for a short time, you have become one of my favorite friends!! Remember when we went out to that salad buffet place on Rainbow. That was fun! And of course hanging out in the ghetto apartments in the boiling heat. Being in the shade at the dinosaur park. And you were so nice to watch hailey during my appointments!

Heather said...

I've been meaning to do this for so long, sorry its taken till now! There are so many funny memories, but one that I think about and laugh to myself about alot was when we were kids. For some reason we were in trouble with our parents and they were taking the family to Pizza Hut for dinner but wouldn't let us come so you and I stayed home and were SO mad! We wanted to run away but were to scared to so we decided to trick them into thinking we actually had run away! We thought they'd be scared that they would never do something like this to us again! So we hid in your closet and waited. We thought they'd call the policeand start a search party. Nope.. didn't happen, I'm not sure if they even noticed we were missing cuz they never came looking for us. Finally we came out of the closet and just went to bed...

amespj said...

I have a wonderful memory that very few of us have - that's cause 'I'm the Mom'. When you were born you had a full head of black hair (which you never lost) and the brightest blue eyes. You were also a good size baby so you had a very healthy look and people always thought you were older than you were. You were beautiful!!! I know Moms always feel that way, but when you were a baby, I NEVER took you out without being noticed. People always commented on how pretty you were, and it was common-place for complete strangers to stop me and tell me what a beautiful baby I had. Seriously, even pushing the stroller in the mall, I'd get dozens of comments. Nothing is more thrilling for a new Mom than to have compliments heaped on your children. I would often respond that not only were you beautiful but you slept through the night too!!! (You're still beautiful - wish you could get a bit more sleep these days though.)