I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Where I Was...

I'm copying this idea from my friend Jenna's blog. I hope she doesn't mind, but I thought it was a cute idea.

One year ago (April, 2007): Very Pregnant (7 months). Very impatient. Very hot in the record-high Las Vegas heat...as a pregnant lady. Hanging out with my friend Heather (who was also miserably pregnant with me) and her daughter Hailey at the park every day. Babysitting two of Elaina's friends, Chris & James, every day. We decided this month to move to Texas for Mike's graduate school at A&M!!!

Five years ago (April, 2003): Engaged!!! I probably seemed to think the world revolved around us and our upcoming wedding. We went to California for me to meet my future in-laws, then a trip to Argentina for Mike to meet his future in-laws. Also preparing to graduate from BYU at the end of the summer.

Ten years (April, 1998): Grade 11. First boyfriend. First kiss. First Prom. I was living in Caracas, Venezuela and spending weekends at the beach. My friend Krista came down from Canada to visit and we went to Merida in Eastern Venezuela - they have an ice cream shop with more flavors than anywhere else in the world!!

Fifteen years ago (April, 1993): Oh dear. Sixth grade. I fell in love for the first time...with Michael Jackson. One memory I have of that year was that my friend and I wrote him a love letter and sprayed it with so much perfume that the words smudged. We still sent it though. Then my family went on a trip to California and took a picture of my sisters and I in front of his house.

Twenty years ago (April, 1988): This was soon after the Winter Olympics were in Calgary, and I had seen Elizabeth Manley win gold (maybe silver?) in figure skating. She was my hero. And since my middle name is Elizabeth, anyone with the name Elizabeth also became my hero that year: Elizabeth Manley & Queen Elizabeth were the only ones I knew of :)

Twenty-five years ago (April, 1983): Living in Calgary, getting ready for my new baby sister, Heather, to be born in May. I was a year and a half old, and since I now have kids of my own...I know I probably ruled the house :)

3 comments:

Jenna and Daniel said...

It is so wrong that you are so far away and won't come play with us. Do fix it.

Steph Thomas said...

That was very fun to read. I don't know if I would be able to remember that much and it also wouldn't be as fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

Nana/Nanny M. said...

Cute idea. It was fun reading this.