I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Elaina Loves To Sing

Anyone who's been around Elaina recently knows that she LOVES to sing...and she does it ALL THE TIME!!! She really is constantly singing and we love it! We'll be driving in the car and she'll be singing in the backseat to herself and gradually it gets louder and louder until Mike and I can't hear ourselves talking to each other in the front seat. Plus, how do we know what Elaina did in nursery each Sunday? Elaina spends the whole car ride home singing all the songs to us. And it's really exciting when she's singing a song that we know we haven't taught her - it means she learned and remembered it from church or somewhere else. And when we sing to her at bedtime she always chooses the song (and gets mad if you sing one that she hasn't chosen) and she ALWAYS sings along. She gets the hymn book out during church and sing from any random page - but keeps it open and sings from it during the whole song...and if she doesn't know the words she sings "aaahhhh." And she has a cd player in her toyroom (thanks to her Nana & Grandpa Ducky) that she turns on and sings along to while she is playing. And of course what is her favorite activity of the week?!? MUSIC MAKERS!!!! It's amazing to me how many songs she knows, but I guess all of her day is spent either listening to music or making her own music. :) So I remembered that my Mom took some videos of her singing at Christmas time - of course, isn't a grandparent's favorite past-time to watch their grandchildren perform for hours on end? So here are some videos of my little performer.





A few other funny things - the second video starts off with her singing one of our favorites - she learned the song "Where is Thumpkin?" around Halloween time so she thought it said "Where the Pumpkin?" So in her version, she sings "where's a pumpkin? where's a pumpkin?"

She also has her own version of "Popcorn Popping"....rather than singing "I could take an armful and make a treat" she sings "I can take a farmer and make a treat" It cracks me up every time!

3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

I have got to have her sing me the Popcorn Popping song. That is hilarious about the farmer. Yum, what a tasty treat:)

Jenna and Daniel said...

She is so sweet. Sam loves the videos.

Anonymous said...

I love the singing! Ella is our little song bird. Unfortunately, she has inherited her singing ability from me. Enough said. :o)