I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lots of Giggling

Last week I had a "proud Mom" moment - I put the girls down for their naps and then I heard them giggling back and forth. Of course the sound was so cute that Mike and I opened the door to peek in on them. Erin was peeking out of her crib at Elaina who was in her bed and they were both taking turns giggling at each other and making each other laugh. It was the first time I got to go in and say "ok girls, it's time for bed - no more giggling." I had to put on my pretend-stern face because I was actually so excited that they were being cute and having fun together - and I'm sure it was the last time I'll think it was fun to hear my girls playing when they're supposed to be sleeping. I just love watching the two of them growing up to become best little friends!

They've always gotten along remarkably well, but lately they're becoming friends - Elaina even calls Erin sweetie, it's so cute. And Elaina will cheer every time Erin wakes up or she's even started sneeking into the bedroom when Erin is sleeping to wake her up and play with her. She acts so innocent about it (because she knows she's not supposed to wake Erin up) - but she'll go in, wake her up, and then come running to me in another room saying "Erin's awake!! Yay, Erin's awake!!" Or if Erin's asleep in the car, she'll yell at her "Erin, wake up!!"


And Erin only has eyes for Elaina when Elaina's in the room - she'll just watch her every move with a huge grin on her face, waiting to see what big sister is going to do next. Erin starts giggling every time Elaina jumps - that's her favorite thing to watch.

2 comments:

Nana M said...

I loved your commentary about your little girls. It is delightful to know they are growing up loving each other and having fun together.
I know it is hard to tell them to stop giggling and go to sleep but know it is necessary sometimes.

Steph Thomas said...

That is SOO SOOO Cute! How special that they are actually interacting with each other. Oh the best of friends. Thanks for sharing:)