I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I tried and tried to get a cute picture of my girls in their Valentine's Day pajamas to post of the blog ...but I should have known that it's impossible to get a picture where both girls look cute at the same time - when one looked cute, the other was either looking away or slouched or something. And then Elaina just got goofy which meant that all hope was lost for a good picture...but of course I kept trying to get them to pose and be cute and so she kept getting goofier and started doing exactly what I wanted her NOT to do and the pictures just kept getting worse. So, after taking a million pictures that weren't great, the photo-shoot ended with Mom upset & Elaina hyper (right before bed)...and of course no good pictures of both the girls. But since I tried so hard, here are some of the not-so-good pictures for Valentines day:


Elaina made some beautiful pictures for all of us - using finger paints, crayons and pom-poms that she glued onto the cards. She also got Valentine's from some of her friends at playgroup this morning and got some more in the mail from Nana M and cousins in Calgary. They were Thomas-the-Train Valentines so they were a big hit!


We hope all of you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY understand what you mean about trying to get the "perfect" picture. It can be so frustrating. But, I think that the ones you got turned out really well--much better than the ones I usually get. :o)

Steph Thomas said...

Wow Valentine Pajamas. That is way cute. That is not even something I think about. Look how good you are. I used to be able to get good cute pictures of Matthew when he was 5 months but I can't now and I only have one so far. My day is coming:(

Nana M said...

I loved the latest photos and comments. I looked for Erin's teeth but she didn't open her mouth enough. I especially enjoyed the photo of Elaina with the finger paint on her face-- how good of you to take a natural picture. I thought the photos were delightful in their Valentine pyjamas.

Heather Bell said...

What cuties! I love Erin's dark hair and Lana looks so pretty in a ponytail!