I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Trying to sleep

My parents arrived the day after we did.  Actually they pulled up to my Nana's house while the girls were outside in the snow.  As you can imagine, after flying for 24 hours from Saudi Arabia, they were very tired.  Unfortunately for them, they had a house full of 18 people (including 5 grandkids) waiting to greet them, so they wouldn't be resting anytime soon.


Except for my Dad.  Not sure how, but somehow he managed to fall asleep amid this chaos:



And the kids were not ok with it.  They covered him with legos:


Then Erin was done with being polite, and took matters into her own hands, talking in his ear:


getting in his face:


and finally just opening his eyes herself:


What better way to wake up than to find yourself covered in toys and kids crawling all over you!

3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

He was obviously tired, poor guy, no rest for the weary:)

Heather said...

That's hilarious. I love your last comment. Who doesn't love waking up to kids crawling all over you......anyone, anyone? lol

amespj said...

I LOVE this post! Almost as much as I loved that afternoon & evening and the whole following week!