Elaina is my spunky girl!
She babbled all the time as an infant and hasn't stopped talking since. I love it about her!
Her mind is always working. Whether she's planning a party, or wondering about something she learned at school that day, or just wondering about the world around her, her little mind is always busy - from the moment she wakes up until she crashes in bed each night. Because of this she is a smart girl, and very observant about the world around her.
Speaking of her world, this girl loves geography. She got a map to go with her Leapfrog Tag for her birthday and it is amazing that a 6 year old girl is so fascinated in learning where Fiji is (because she learned about it in school once) or where Japan is (because she heard about the earthquake and Tsunami there) and where all the countries in Europe are (because, well, she has me for a Mommy). She loves to discover other countries and learn about their cultures. Of course I love that about her!
Elaina did dance the past 2 years and loved it. She's a good little dancer. This is the day of the recital in May. This year she and Erin both want to try Gymnastics, which starts next week!
Elaina is a party planner! Oh, the parties she plans! I've been invited to parties and celebrations and shows in the toy room on numerous occasions! She and Erin spend days organizing these events. Usually they include activity centers with carnival games, such as going fishing for prizes, or a pinata (one that she has taped together and hung from something), or tossing something into a bucket, etc. For Mother's Day I was invited to witness a fashion show that she and Erin put on. For her birthday party she had so many great ideas and was eager to be apart of the planning process. My favorite suggestion was that we do a "surprise party"...for her own birthday party. She suggested, "how about you have all my friends hide, and I'll wait outside, and then when I come in everyone can yell, "SURPRISE!!!"
Elaina is determined. The first day of kindergarten a girl in her class tied her shoe laces for her. Elaina was impressed that this girl knew how to tie shoelaces already! Until she figured out his girl's name she called her "the girl who can tie shoelaces." Elaina decided that she was going to learn how too. So for that first week of kindergarten she practiced and practiced so that she would also know how to tie shoe laces.
Also at the beginning of kindergarten she decided that she was going to learn how to snap her fingers. I would observe her walking home from the bus stop concentrating on getting her fingers to snap. I thought her fingers would get raw since she spent every spare moment practicing this new trick. Within a week she had it down!
Elaina is always doing some sort of craft. She makes books for me with activities inside - mazes, or coloring pages, or connect the dots, etc. They are brilliant! She's made a computer out of paper, a telescope, a house. I wish I could save everything she's made because I love to see how her mind works and am amazed at how creative she is.
2 comments:
That craft craze is not by accident. It's in her genes. I remember when my girl (about the same age) and her best friend sponsored a local craft club at our house.
There is so much to love about Elaina!
She is adorable! I wish we lived closer. She and Hailey would love each other.=) PS. Hailey has the same pink flower shirt!
Post a Comment