I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Nana's Visit

My Nana came to visit us in October, just before Halloween. Here are some pictures of the fun things we did with her:

All dressed up and fancy for Church. She was here the day of the Primary Program

We went to the George Bush Sr. Presidential Library, which is on A&M's Campus

She was telling Erin about the Grandfather Clock at the library, after storytime

I got to dance one night and had forgotten that it was "bring a friend day." I asked the teacher if Erin could attend, even though she was much younger (the kids are ages 5-8), and didn't have a leotard or proper dance shoes. She got to go, and had a great time! We watched outside on the tv screen and Elaina was so cute at including Erin in everything, and Erin thought it was the best day ever!

We went to a Farmer's Market in town (The Farm Patch) to pick out our pumpkin. I love watching these kids try to lift pumpkins that are half their size!


Hangin out in the pumpkins

Digging through the corn for smaller pumpkins

The Farm Patch also had a hay maze for the kids to run through. It's small, so we did it over and over again and found lots of different ways to get lost in there!


The kids and their Nanny M

We decorated Halloween sugar cookies

...and Erin tried to figure out yummy ways to get the black sprinkles off her fingers :)

A Methodist church near our house held a Halloween activity for the neighborhood, where we went on a hay ride...

we painted pumpkins...


and we made other fancy Halloween crafts...


We went and had lunch with Elaina several times, and stayed afterward for recess.

We had a great visit with my Nana and we're glad that she could come!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That looks awesome! I love your new yard by the way. Could see it through the kitchen window.=) I miss you guys! The girls are so cute and you better watch out in the future,Mike. Get your gun all loaded up!