I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Halloween


For Halloween this year (ok, we really should consider it last year, since I'm that far behind!), we had an adorable Tinkerbell:


and a sassy belly dancer (and thanks to grandparents in the Middle East, we got a pretty authentic costume!):



I taught the Halloween preschool class, and all the kids looked adorable in their Halloween costumes at preschool that day:


Tinkerbell & Peter Pan

Here is the pumpkin that we carved. The girls and I dug it out and Mike and the girls did the carving:

Mike took the girls trick or treating and I got to stay home and hand out candy. Millie was excited about all the kids coming to the door. She stayed here all night, anticipating another group of trick or treaters:

This was the cutest group we got:

The church always does a carnival and trunk-or-treat a few days before Halloween. Here are some pics:


Face painting

At the trunk or treat, Erin kept telling me that she wanted to go to the bus that was parked in the parking lot. It was a small bus that belongs to our Bishop, and I assumed the she was just excited to go get candy from it! So we visited all the cars on our way over (and the whole time she was talking about the bus!). When we finally got there, she waited in line to go up the stairs to the bus, and I went to the back of the bus where she would come out and get her candy. I waited and waited, and then realized that kids were coming off the bus who were behind her in line. So I looked all around and couldn't find her. Finally Bishop Durda and I discovered her on one of the seats, waiting to go for a ride. She wasn't interested at all in the candy - she was ready to go for a ride, of course! Big sister rides the bus home from school every day, so she thought this was her turn! Our Bishop said he really wants to come by our house and pick her up on the bus and take her for her own little ride someday! She will be so excited!

Mike handing out candy from his motorcycle

No comments: