I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blueberry Picking

One great memory I have from my childhood is going to visit my Grandma in northwestern Ontario and going blueberry picking. Of course we just picked from wild blueberry bushes, and I remember running through hills in a forest (although my Dad would call it "the bush") with buckets. Then we'd come home and eat a bowl of blueberries with cream and sugar, and freeze the rest for pies, muffins, and other treats. I knew it was blueberry season here in Texas while my parents were here and thought it would be fun to do with them since I remember doing it with my Grandma. We picked 16 lbs of blueberries, so we'll be eating plenty of blueberry muffins over the next few months, which will keep Mike happy for a while! :)

Erin didn't need a bucket - all the blueberries she picked went straight into her mouth (thank goodness at this place you can eat as you pick!), and the ones she occasionally put in a bucket, she eventually took back out and put in her mouth. For the most part, she just carried around an empty bucket and a well-fed tummy. I don't even want to know how many pounds of blueberries she ate on her own!
And when hers was empty, she went picking in someone else's bucket!





Erin is mastering the duck face



This is to prove that Mike really was there too...he just seemed to spend most of the time poking me with a stick. Who knew that blueberry picking wasn't his thing!??

And of course, eating them is the best part....





Sharing snow cones at the end of the day:

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love it!! You could make so much with blueberries...smoothies, pancakes, bread, Yum! I love those sweet pictures.=)

Jenna and Daniel said...

I wanted to come! That looks so fun and delicious.

Jami said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Where did you go? Blueberries Yum!

MB said...

Love it! :) love the blueberries!