Well some things seem to repeat themselves with each child.
Erin has been telling me for weeks that May 5th is Kids' Day, and has been counting down the days. Today she woke up and said, "Is it May 5th?!? It's KID'S DAY!!!!" Apparently a teacher at her school told her this (although I'm not sure why because I can't find anything online to support this claim).
Lucky for her, I will do my best to make today it a special day for her. And no, this doesn't include anything out of the ordinary, just the usual breakfast, lunch and dinner, tucking in at bedtime, cuddles, stories, cleaning up her messes, breaking up her fights, and teaching her lots of good life lessons. And tomorrow and the next day, she'll probably get the same treatment. Many days will include chauffeuring, private tutoring, cleaning service, scheduling management, financial funding, event coordinating. Occasionally I'll throw in party planning, and travel agent. Lucky for her, every day is kid's day and one of my life goals is to make sure she's taken care of and happy.
Happy Kid's Day to my wonderful Erin!

2 comments:
That is awesome! My kids say, well there is a mother's day and father's day, why isn't there a kid's day. We tell them, every day is kid's day. At least you took a picture on one of your kid's days. I love all of the things to make it glamorous of our every day tasks. You rock:)
I LOVE this picture of both of you! Lucky for your kids that every day really is kids day - thanks to their terrific Mom.
Post a Comment