Another fun thing we did at Christmas time was to go downtown to the National Botanical Gardens and Capitol building to see the Capitol Christmas tree
I had also wanted to see the decorations at Union Station. I love this train station and how simple and beautiful the architecture is. The decorations were simple and beautiful as well. This is the tree at the entrance to the station.
The front of Union Station
Capitol Building
The botanical gardens had an impressive replica of the National Mall in the entrance - from the Capitol Bldg, Jefferson, Lincoln, White House, and Washington Monument. All the sculptures were made out of plant material. It was so true to life. Next year we're going to see the train display there, which I've heard is fantastic too. I feel like the longer I live here, rather than crossing things off my list that we've seen, I just discover more and more things to see, and actually start doubling and tripling my list! :)
Replica of the Capitol Building
Replica of the Washington Monument
Looking at a replica of the reflecting pool and Lincoln Memorial at the end
Our family at the Capitol Christmas Tree
2 comments:
That is funny that your list is not getting crossed off but bigger. Too much fun!
You better live there a long time so we can visit in every season
Post a Comment