I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Erin

I think 3 has to be my favorite age - I know I've said that about every age, but I LOVE 3, and I'm a bit sad that this girl is turning 4 today because it means she will never be 3 again. I'm not really ready for her to turn into a big girl! Why can't they stay little longer? :)

Some words that Erin says that I hope she never changes:

Flamily = Family
Flire Place = Fire Place
Plano = Piano
Umblella = Umbrella

I also love the way she talks. She still can't quite say her R's properly, and I find it adorable. A friend has told me that she sounds like she has a Brooklyn accent. It's pretty cute!

I couldn't decide what to make for lunch one day and so I asked the kids, "what should we have for lunch today?" Their answers:
Elaina: I want pizza!!
Erin: I want dessert!!

Erin is attached to her pillow. Yes, of all things she is sentimentally attached to her pillow. She lugs around the house when she is tired; she won't let anyone else use it or take it from her; she has to have her very own when she falls asleep at night; it comforts her when she is sad or lonely. That's her precious polka dot pillow behind her in this picture.

When meeting her little brother Isaac for the first time, one of Erin's first comments was, "oh, he will make such a great princess!!" I clarified - "maybe you mean he'll make a good prince?" "Nope, he'll be a good princess!"

Erin is just a happy go lucky girl. All it takes is for you to smile at her and she breaks into giggles. She loves to laugh and be silly and she loves to know that she's made someone happy. She's always finding things to laugh about and loves to point out the "silly" things in life.


Erin is so sweet with her little brother. She surprised me when he was born by how caring she is with him. She often walks over to put her hand on his head or comfort him when he's crying. I was worried about how she would handle the new baby since she became particularly attached to me in the weeks before he was born. But she didn't have the slightest bit of difficulty in adjusting to the new baby. She just immediately accepted responsibility as his big sister to take care of him and make sure he is happy and loved. She is always in his face giving him kisses and hugs. Sometimes she's a bit too cuddly - practically mauling the poor guy, or waking him up to give him some love. However, if he starts whimpering she's the first one to rush over and put the soother in his mouth or hold his hand to make him feel better. I'm so glad she is such a good big sister.

About a month before Isaac was born, I was watching a friend's 8-month old baby. Erin happened to be taking a nap when she was dropped off, and I hadn't told Erin that I was going to be watching a friend's baby that day. Soon after Elaina came home from school I put Elaina and Ava into the car to take Elaina to dance. I then went into the house to wake Erin up and put her in the car. She was groggy when I buckled her in, and had a puzzled look on her face as she stared at this strange baby who was buckled into the back seat of our car. She stared at her for a few minutes and then quietly asked, "Mommy, did our baby come out of your tummy?" Ha! It hadn't even occurred to me that she might think that this was our baby, but of course she would have no idea the difference between a newborn and an older baby, and of course she has no idea that the process of delivering a baby involves more than just lifting up your shirt and pulling it out (the way she does it with her dollies).

Can you see those cute freckles?!?

She enjoys to color. She's often bringing me pieces of paper that have her name written all over them and stick-figure pictures of our family. I LOVE her pictures.


Erin is, and has always been, my little cuddle bug. She gives the best hugs, and has since she was little.

She was on her way to a princess pajama birthday party and was SO excited. Can you tell? :)

This is one of my favorite pictures of Erin! I hadn't realized that she had put herself down for a nap one afternoon, and I went into her bedroom to find her sound asleep like this. She is such a goofball!

Being cute for the camera

Chocolate milk mustache

The best word to describe Erin has always been "sweetheart." She is absolutely my little sweetheart and I love her to death! Happy Birthday Big Girl!

5 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

She is absolutely adorable and yes I agree, a sweetheart!! Happy Birthday Erin, but please stay little for mommy:)

Meli said...

we miss having a bday party with erin!! happy birthday erin!!

amespj said...

I hope our big girl has had a wonderful day. I loved seeing these pictures over again and remembering each of these precious moments with her when she was 3.

Kelli said...

Happy birthday, Erin! She's so cute! Cannot wait to see you guys! We've got birthday presents for all 3 of the kids (since we missed Isaac's - and Erin and Elaina's are near the time of your visit). I'm so excited for the girls to see theirs!

Heather said...

What a big girl and so cute! Seems like just yesterday we were gigando prego together.=) She is such a sweetheart!