I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Friday, December 17, 2010

WICKED (kids-free) Getaway

I just realized that I didn't blog about this, and want to (journaling purposes). Besides, a kids-free weekend getaway is always worth blogging about, even many months later :)

So last May I went with a group of girls to see Wicked in Dallas. Without kids. Woohoo!

We drove up Friday morning, and came home Saturday evening. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Dallas. Without kids!
(you'll probably recognize the hotel's tower if you've ever seen a picture of the Dallas skyline)

We went swimming at the hotel pool (without kids)...


we went out to eat (without kids!!)...


and we got to sleep in (because we had no kids!!). Unfortunately we couldn't sleep very late because we're Moms and our internal alarm clocks don't quit working...even when we're on vacation without kids :(

The highlight of course was seeing Wicked, which I had never seen before. It was fantastic!


It was great to get all dressed up (oh how I love a reason to get all dressed up!), and spend the weekend with good friends.
I love these girls!

Melisa

Sara

Darlene

While we were away our husbands decided to get together and have a playdate with the kids. It didn't take the Dads long to realize that parenting is much more fun when you've got company, so they ended up spending most of the time together as well: a play date Friday, a bbq together that afternoon/evening, and swimming and more playing the next day (all day). Ironically, between the 4 families, we have 9 daughters (and no sons). They all had a blast together! Well, the kids did. I still wonder how these Dads survived with 9 girly girls all in one room. Lots of drama that the Dads couldn't relate to, I imagine. I only wish they had thought to take a picture...but then again, we took all the cameras with us to Dallas!

I'm grateful that Mike and the rest of our husbands stayed with the kids and made the weekend possible for us. They even seemed to have a good time. I know the kids did at least: when I arrived at Darlene's house (they were still in the middle of their 2-day playdate) to pick them up, I was so excited to see them. They were not equally excited to see me. Both girls whined and said, "NO Mom! Go back. We're still playing." Welcome home to me. :)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Looks like so much fun! looks like Elaina is loving kinder! I love working in Nathan's class this year, so I really can see what they do day to day. Next year he will be in 1st and I won't know what all he's doing:( The teacher tells you of course, but its different when you are in there every day!

Heather said...

I love it all!!!! Man, we miss you guys.=) Laina has the skinniest legs and Erin is super cute with the dog! Plus, I love your dress. Mike, I guess he is cool too.=) When are you coming back down this way?

Jami said...

I'm so jealous. Someday I will get to go. looks like you had a blast.