She has pointed out the bus that will take her to her new preschool.
Today she announced that they have "JELLY BEANS!" at her new preschool. Oh, and princesses go to her new preschool...princesses like Cinderella and Jasmine and Ariel. It sounds exciting. I'm sure I'll continue to learn more about it.
(fake smile and all...she was actually truly excited. Maybe the sun was in her eyes?)
******************************************************
"Mom, say 'ba'
Now say 'ske'
Now say 'ti!
Yes, 'basketi! Great job!"
******************************************************
Last summer we seemed to see frogs all over the place in the evening time. We see lots of them every summer, but they seemed to be double the size and more plentiful this year than in previous years. Because of this, we also saw lots of squished, dead frogs on the driveways and streets in our neighborhood (one day I ran over one, and found its blood and guts spewed out on my driveway. So gross!). Anyways, my kids were seeing all these dead frogs and were so sad for them. Ever since then, when I've reminded the kids to hold my hand on streets and in parking lots, Erin usually responds by saying, "ya, because we don't want to get run over and squished like the dead frogs!" She says it in the most matter-of-fact tone, but I wonder what kind of ghorry image she has in her mind? Elaina often thinks she's too big to hold my hand, so while I'm trying to get her to hold my hand, Erin will remind her, "Elaina you don't want to be like a dead frog!" So be safe out there, and look both ways before you cross the street...you don't want to find yourself shmushed and squished up like a dead frog!
"Ah! Look! My M&M has a surprise in it! I found a peanut inside my M&M!!"
*****************************************************
Soon after Thanksgiving Erin and I were talking casually talking about Christmas, and I mentioned Jesus. She got really upset with me and exclaimed, "NO MOMMY!!! Jesus is NOT part of Christmas! Christmas has Santa Claus!" We actually got into an argument about it, but it's been a good opportunity to teach her this holiday season. We always try to teach the kids the real meaning of Christmas, and I can't really blame her since she remembers nothing of any other Christmas, but I've been trying extra hard this year to explain to her that Christmas is all about Jesus, and that Santa is just a fun thing on the side. She gets it now, thank goodness :)
*****************************************************
For the most part, I LOVE having the girls share a room. I love hearing them giggle together before they fall asleep, I love that they read together and tell each other stories at night, I love that they climb into each others beds and fall asleep cuddling. One thing that I do not love are nights when they are up way too late talking and getting out of bed. And when one person gets up, they both do. When one child needs drink, apparently they both need a drink. When one child hurts their finger, for some reason they both need to come and tell me about it. When one has to go potty, apparently the other is there for moral support.
One night was really bad - it was about 10pm and they were still finding reasons to get out of bed. I happened to be passing by their bedroom just as they both came walking out. I stopped Elaina and asked her why she's out of bed:
Elaina's response: "I have to go potty."
I can't argue with that.
I then stopped Erin (who was following big sis to the bathroom), and asked why she is out of bed.
Erin's matter-of-fact response: "Because Elaina has to go potty."
What?!?! What does this have to do with you? And then it clicked.
As I explained to Mike, "you know when you're on a double date and your wife has to go use the restroom. The other wife often says she will accompany her, and they go off together. Guys usually don't understand this need to use the ladies' room in groups. Well, it obviously starts when we are three years old."
And I finally understand why the girls need to get up with each other at night. Mike still doesn't get it.
One night was really bad - it was about 10pm and they were still finding reasons to get out of bed. I happened to be passing by their bedroom just as they both came walking out. I stopped Elaina and asked her why she's out of bed:
Elaina's response: "I have to go potty."
I can't argue with that.
I then stopped Erin (who was following big sis to the bathroom), and asked why she is out of bed.
Erin's matter-of-fact response: "Because Elaina has to go potty."
What?!?! What does this have to do with you? And then it clicked.
As I explained to Mike, "you know when you're on a double date and your wife has to go use the restroom. The other wife often says she will accompany her, and they go off together. Guys usually don't understand this need to use the ladies' room in groups. Well, it obviously starts when we are three years old."
And I finally understand why the girls need to get up with each other at night. Mike still doesn't get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment