I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Monday, November 1, 2010

Camping!

We went camping with 2 other families in September. One of my favorite memories growing up was camping with my family. However, back then I didn't have to do all the prep work, pack, endure dirty kids running through dirt and tracking it everywhere, and then clean everything up when we were finished! :)

As lame as it is, our Mike and I have never been camping together, so this was a first for our family! My parents gave him a tent and some camping gear for his birthday in April and then summer was so hot, that this was our first chance to get out and use it. We had such a GREAT time!
We spotted some deer on our way into the campground

The kids cooking marshmallows, and getting ready to make some awesome smores!

Kids playing hide and seek

All the cute kiddos, except one. Between the three families we had every age from 6 to 1 represented. They all played so well together!

Saturday morning we went swimming and fishing in the lake. I caught three fish!

This was my biggest catch :) The rest of them were puney

As soon as I caught the fish (I think I was surprised when I actually caught something!), I was like, "ok, now what?" All the Dads were off swimming, and there was no way I was touching that fish! Thank goodness for Sadie! :) She had no problem reaching in its mouth to get the hook out! And I made her do it for all three of them, while I stood there and watched...I mean, cheered her on! :)

Elaina fishing

She caught one! I love her face; like mother, like daughter! :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

That looks like tons of fun!! And you are looking so skinny.=)

Kristi said...

How fun! Where did you guys go? We just went camping for the first time this year too!:)

cms87 said...

How fun. We went camping twice this year and my kids were sad we didn't go fishing. It looks like you guys had fun. And I always make other people bait my hook and take off the fish. I think it is so gross.