I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Friday, October 9, 2009

My favorite Elaina moments in Utah


Elaina had some of her funniest moments on our trip to Utah last week.

*Before we go on a trip, I lay everything out on my dining room table to make sure that we don't forget anything. When I was about ready to put everything in the suitcases (and hopefully make it all fit!), Elaina came up to me and said, "oh, I just need to get my dress-ups." I told her we wouldn't be bringing any dress ups because there wouldn't be room for them. She was obviously bothered by this. Then she reassured me with a solution: "oh, it's ok Mom, I'll only bring my dress up skirts." As she marched away to the toy room to get all of her dress up skirts, I again told her that we wouldn't be bringing ANY dress ups - including skirts. She assumed that this must mean that Uncle Steve has some dress up clothes at his house that she could wear. When I told her that he did not, then this little drama queen put her hands on her hips, and, with as much attitude as a 4 year old is capable of mustering (which, is alot!) she said to me: "but Mo-om! How can I be a princess if I don't have my dress ups?!?"

*Elaina walked onto the plane in College Station and asked the flight attendant if she was going to drive the plane. She told her no, but let Elaina say hi to the pilot. Elaina continued to try and figure out who this lady was, and so later, as the flight attendant was preparing the plane for take off, Elaina stopped her as she was walking down the aisle and in a very loud voice said, "are you the pilot's special helper?"

*We've been talking about the temple where Uncle Steve and Aunt Ashley are going to get married (the SLC temple). Elaina's been really excited about this because we have a picture of this temple in our church bag (she calls it "the temple that we bring to church"). She also believes that it is a castle. The morning of the wedding I was explaining to Elaina that she wouldn't actually be able to go inside the temple; she would have to wait outside. Of course, she was crushed. She exclaimed: "but then I won't be able to see Ashley and Steve dance!" I told her that she wouldn't miss the dancing since there is no dancing in the temple. This totally shocked her. She asked what the wedding would be like, and when I told her that Ashley and Steve would kiss at the end she exclaimed, "oh!!!!! And then Ashley will get her true love's kiss?!?" Perhaps this girl watches too many princess movies???

*At some point during the day, Elaina must have picked some flowers and been told not to because she marched up to Ashley (who was getting pictures with her pretty bouquet of flowers) and reprimanded her: "Ashley! You're not supposed to pick the flowers!"

*Elaina was so excited when she saw Ashley come out of the temple in her wedding dress. She gasped when she saw her and said, "oh, Ashely looks just like a beautiful princess!" She kept telling her that she looks just like Princess Aurora (despite her dark brown hair). Then, as we walked around Temple Square, Elaina was enamored by all the beautiful brides. She walked up to each one, as they were getting pictures in front of the temple, and in her most polite voice, said to them, "Hello Princess."

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

That is so cute! I love the princess relation to everything!! I wish I had known you were in Salt lake, we could have gotten together! I'm sure you were busy with family, but maybe next time you come we'll get to see you!!

Amy Martin said...

She is all girl! I love it! I'm so glad you put these conversations and things on your blog.

Kelli said...

"Don't pick the flowers, or God will be mad!" Definitely a highlight! Those are two adorable little girly girls!

Jenna and Daniel said...

So funny! We loved seeing you. You should come again next month!

Kristi said...

Oh she's so funny! She reminds me of the girl (princess,what is her name? she would know!) from Enchanted who lands in NYC! It was so great to see you guys!

Brittany said...

I just love the things 4 yr olds say...well most of the time. It can be pretty sassy too!

cms87 said...

How funny. I loved reading all of the cute/funny things Elaina said!

Heather said...

Thanks for that!! Totally needed the life.=) We must get our girls together and leave them somewhere till they're 18 and grown out of it.=) does that ever happen?!

MB said...

This is very funny. Stuff to remind her when SHE gets married! :)