I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stampede Breakfasts

During Stampede Week, Calgary has free Stampede Breakfasts all over the city, hosted by local communities, or a neighborhood strip mall, downtown businesses, or a huge mall or grocery store. We went to 4 Stampede Breakfasts and 1 Stampede Dinner. It's a fun experience - the live music, dancing, and lots of people getting into the festivities. They are all over the city. Each day you could have your pick of several breakfasts to attend - for breakfast or dinner, although breakfast is the bigger deal. The quality of food varies, and normally I don't think I would stand in line 5 times in one week just for a free breakfast, but it was fun this time :) My favorite part, however, was dressing the girls up in their sparkly cowboy boots. Amazingly, Erin has 3 pair!!! Elaina has 1.

Stampede Dinner #1, the night we arrived:

Elaina with Nanny M and Papa


This is how Erin eats a hot dog.


*********

Stampede Breakfast #2 at the Community Centre in Braeside, the neighborhood where I grew up:
Krista has been one of my best friends since we met at age 4. We lived 4 houses away from each other from the time we were 4 until I moved away when we were 16. Now we've each got little ones and we seem to just pick up where we left off each time I go home to Calgary


Mom dancing with Erin

Krista two-stepping with Elaina, and my Mom two-stepping with Erin

Krista dancing with Elaina

Checking out the fire truck

**********

Stampede Breakfast #3: The Dental office where my cousin Andrea works

My cousin Andrea, with the girls.

Isn't she cute? :)

***********

Stampede Breakfast #4: At a Mall in the city. It was the only Stampede-sponsored breakfast that we went to. They tend to have long lines and huge crowds, but also great activities for kids.
Mom and the girls

Me and my sister Heather

Elaina, waiting for her pancakes

Erin on the pony ride

Elaina on the pony ride. The girls LOVED this!!

Petting zoo, which of course they both loved as well



************

Stampede Breakfast #5: The day that we went down to the Stampede grounds my Nana's church sponsored one for the community. Elaina made friends with a couple strangers who taught her how to line dance along with the other adults.

Erin & my Nana at her church's breakfast

Elaina and Erin, line dancing

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my gosh it looks like you had so much fun! How fun to dress the girls up and go home and do stuff you haven't done in so long! Your hair looks cute shorter! Miss you!

cms87 said...

I love all of the pictures. Your girls are so beautiful!

Jami said...

Wow, what a fun trip. I love the girls in their boots and hats. Adorable.

Amy Martin said...

What fun! I would love to see the Calgary Stampede. What a great trip!

Cheryl said...

It looks like a blast! Your girls look adorable in their cowboy garb.

Nana/Nanny M. said...

I loved the pictures. You all had such a blast and we loved having you here.