*While we were in Canada she was figuring out the relationships between her family members (another topic she's been curious about: how family members in her life are connected to each other). She was talking to my Dad about it, and he was telling her that he is her Mommy's Daddy, and that Opa is her Daddy's Daddy.
She then asked "do you have a Daddy?"
He said "yes, but he died."
"Oh, why did he die?"
My Dad answered, "well, he was old."
Elaina thought about this for a minute and got a concerned look on her face and then asked him "are you old?"
My poor Dad! I guess his grey (white??) hair can't fool even a 3 year old :)
********************************************
*Today Elaina was explaining to me that her Kitty is 6 years old and her Puppy is 10 years old. She immediately clarified, "but he's not old" (as if 10 is old, and about ready to die!)
She added "kids don't die" and then thought about this for a minute and asked "do kids die?"
I told her that sometimes kids do die, but it's not very often.
Her next question: "oh, when kids die, do they go down the drain?" (Unfortunately she remembers when her pet fish died and we put him down the drain....I guess we shouldn't have let her know about that part!)
No, thank goodness Elaina - we go back to live with Heavenly Father, instead of the drain :)
4 comments:
This is definitely my favorite post so far! What a little cutie!
Ahhh. I can't believe the questions she asks. I love how curious she is about everything right now.
Very funny! Love it.
What a smart girl. I am impressed that she is so curious.
Post a Comment