I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Swimming Lessons

I enrolled Elaina in swimming lessons the first two weeks of June. A couple of her friends were in the same class and they had a blast! They practiced kicking, using their "scoopers" (hands), jumping off the edge and swimming back to the wall, and on the last day they jumped off the diving board.



Jumping off the diving board

Ok, so she was kind of thrown off the diving board, at least it didn't scare her to death, like I thought it would. She still went back again and ended up doing it 3 times! (Each time Elaina would go, Erin was standing beside me saying "Erin's turn. Erin's turn").

Here is a video of my brave little girl!



Elaina and her certificate


Erin and I had fun in the kiddie pool while Elaina did her lessons. We've been swimming almost every day this summer - it's a good way to escape the heat and keep the girls happy, but it wears us all out by the end of the day!

4 comments:

Meli said...

I couldnt jump off the diving board!!jijiji good job elaina!!

Amy Martin said...

Those were some good times. Seemed so long ago. That's a lot of swimming. Kyle would love it if I let him swim everyday.

Heather said...

That's pretty impressive! Good for Lana. Funny, Erin looks just like Lana did when you guys left Vegas. time flies!!

cms87 said...

I love the video! How fun.