
The other day when Elaina, Erin and I were eating lunch, there was this annoying house fly flying around the kitchen. Elaina turned to me and asked me if we could keep it as our pet. I told her sure, totally amused by the fact that my three year old is so desperate for any pet that she can possibly get! The girls went on and on about the fly all lunch long. They were giggling and laughing at their new pet fly and kept trying to get it to land on them. Elaina referred to it as "my sweet little fly" and Erin was holding her hands out for it saying "come here little fly, come here..."
Oh my goodness, it was one of the most adorable moments of their little lives! Unfortunately our poor little pet fly died at dinnertime when Daddy smacked it with a towel before I had the chance to inform him that this was the new family pet.
We're still grateful Elaina doesn't understand death yet, since she's now lost a pet fish and a pet housefly
5 comments:
That's awesome! I can totally imagine it, too!
They have so much love to give, even to a fly! What sweethearts.
That's kind of funny. Your girls want to keep the fly as a pet and my kids run away from them screaming. Kids!
Mean daddy!!!=) I hope you washed the towel after or buried the fly in it, at least and buried it next to the fish. Luckily, Hailey is afraid of flies because she thinks they are bees.
This was a sad story but I loved the way you told it. I thought it was priceless that a dear little girl, who is so loved, would just naturally love another living thing.
Post a Comment