As much as I dislike the snow and cold, I do think a heavy snowfall like this is one of the most beautiful sights. My favorite are the bare trees that look like they're frosted with snow. And then the Christmas lights illuminating the snow. So pretty!



The girls of course loved the snow. We got to dress them up in 100 layers: snow suits, hats, gloves, extra socks, boots, and extra of every item of clothing that they were already wearing (this is why right now, I'm glad to not be a Mom of young kids, living in a place where it snows....), and they went outside twice that day to build a snowman, make snow angels and jump in the snow...oh, and eat it of course. Yummy! Afterward we went inside for hot chocolate. This is a favorite childhood memory of mine!


Ironically,It snowed when I was in Canada last May...and then I spent the first 8 days of this trip wondering if we were even going to get to see any snow in Canada in December....and then the day after I arrived back home, it snowed here in Texas!!
4 comments:
These are awesome photos - and awesome memories. I want a copy of the one of both girls in the snow. I'm glad Elaina is learning what real snow is like.
Oops - this is Mom - I didn't realize Heather was signed in on my computer. She likes the pictures too, but I'm the one who wants the photo.
Mom
I love the pictures and the commentary. I am glad the girls got to feel and see real snow while in Canada. Cute girls.
These pics are gorgeous!
Post a Comment