While we were in Canada earlier this month we decided to visit my Aunt Joan at her school where she teaches grade 2. Elaina always feels like she fits right in with the big kids, and since we pass an Elementary School every time we drive to our house, she loves to talk about going to school. So this was such an adventure for her!
When we walked in, my Aunt showed her to a desk, and she turned to me dismissively and said "Mommy, I have to do my homework." And then she sat there, all grown up, and did her coloring. When Aunt Joan asked the kids a question, Elaina would raise her hand along with them, as if she knew what she was doing. At one point my Aunt invited her to sing a song for the class, so she stood there all by herself, in front of the whole class, and sang "I've Been Dreaming of My True Loves Kiss" (from Enchanted). And then they sang a song for her. She even went outside at recess time with them. She was pretty popular with the big kids - you can see all of them crowding around her and they all wanted her to sit on their lap. No wonder she can't wait to go to school!!

Erin also enjoyed attending grade 2, although she didn't understand what was going on, like Elaina did. This is my Aunt Joan helping Erin with her homework :)
5 comments:
wooow she is awesome, Go Eliana!
I am so impressed at how comfortable Elaina can feel anywhere... Why can't Anabelle be a little more like that?
THAT'S AWESOME! Very Adorable! Oh gosh, I wish you guys were coming to Cali for Christmas!
Everyone had a fun day at Joan's classroom that day. Elaina came home with the coloured picture. Lots of happy memories this trip.
What a fun experience for Elaina. I am sure she is still talking about it.
Post a Comment