I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stalling.....

Elaina is mastering the art of bedtime stalling. Tonight she came up with nearly every tactic there is...

First, she wanted someone to sing her a song.

Then she remembered we forgot to say prayers - ok, she got us on that one, so she won that time.

Then she said we forgot to brush her teeth (she was wrong, but it was still a good excuse to get out of bed....).

Then she needed a drink of water.

Then she needed me to cover her with a blanket.

Then she remembered that she didn't finish the apple crisp she had for dessert....3 hours ago...and she needed to finish it. Um, it's long gone.

Then she wanted the door open so that the monsters can't get her, but when I couldn't open the door at the right angle, she had to get out of bed to show me how far open the door needs to be.

Then she needed me to help cover her with the blanket (again).

Then she actually got out of bed (opening the door, and taking off the blanket which had both been so perfectly positioned...) to ask what we are going to do tomorrow.

And then finally, she got out of bed one last time (and this is my favorite!) to tell me that there is something sticky (a piece of scotch tape!) on the outside of her bedroom door that she couldn't clean off the door, and could I get it off for her. Apparently she can't sleep very well when a piece of tape is on the outside of her bedroom door?!?

This is incredible.

6 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Oh bedtime! The Joys! :)

Heather said...

wow, sounds just like hailey. Seems to get longer every night. We have to start a half hour ahead of time so she will actually be in bed at a decent hour!

Steph Thomas said...

Luckily for us Matthew hasn't become the professional Elaina is but he is working on it more and more. Thankfully, once he is bed he doesn't get out until we get him out in the morning but our problem is getting him to the bed. His latest tactic of stalling was that he needed to see Baby Allison before he could go to bed. I hope that is the worst of stalling but I know it won't be. Stalling drives Chris crazy...but then again what doesn't?:)

Erin said...

What a brilliant little girl - she just wants to squeeze every moment out of the day.

Yawn!

Heather said...

Haha that made me laugh so hard! I love the apple crisp and tape part the most! Good job Elaina!

amespj said...

What a creative imagination! I love her to pieces.