I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Saturday, June 21, 2008

No More Monkey's Jumping on the Bed!

Last Monday I couldn't get the girls to take their naps. I kept going in & saying "stop giggling!" "Stop talking!" "Stop jumping on the bed!" After an hour of going crazy, I went in really upset and found the girls both in Erin's crib with a million blankets. It was so cute! I was laughing so hard and had to take a picture. Elaina had dumped ALL of the baby blankets that are stored under the changing table, plus a random booster seat into the crib and then jumped in herself. They were both giggling and bouncing in the crib and having the funnest time with each other. It was too cute. They really are absolutely the best of friends and I love it!

The next day when they were supposed to be napping again, I walked in (after hearing lots of giggling and talking between the girls) to find a very familiar scene: Elaina (who I know had just been jumping on her bed) scrambling into her bed and pretending to be asleep while Erin was just sitting up in her crib, wide awake and with a huge smile on her face. And of all things, she had a huge empty diaper box in the crib with her. I wonder how that got there? I had been in the middle of filling that box with too-small baby clothes to go out into storage, and everything that had been in the box was now scattered all over the floor. And look at the cute grin on Erin's face! :)


And of course this is the other thing scattered all over the floor. Elaina LOVES to read, and at nap time, rather than sleeping, she often pulls the books off her shelf and reads to Erin, or to herself if Erin falls asleep first. I'm so tired of cleaning up this pile of books every day (or even worse, being patient enough to get Elaina to do it herself when I know I can do it a million-times faster!)!!!


As of Tuesday the girls now take naps in separate bedrooms. :)

The other bedtime drama is that Elaina is now scared of monsters under the bed. She's been scared of the dark for several months now, so when it's dark we always leave the door open (night lights don't work for us!). But I am now routinely checking under the bed for monsters - both my bed and Elaina's bed, and sometimes under Erin's crib. I don't know if this is a stall tactic or a genuine fear, but I'm falling into the trap either way!

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

That bookshelf looks just like ours, and I am the same way, I get so tired of picking it up 3-5 times a day. Ours is in our living room, so I feel like I have to pick it up all day long, and just when I get it all picked up, Tanner comes along at pulls it all off.... Kids!

Steph Thomas said...

Man, what a mess. That would get on my nerves very quickly if I can to clean all those books up every day. You are better then I.

Amy Martin said...

Okay, those were the cutest pictures I have ever seen! You can't help but love them, even when they make huge messes. Also, you aren't the only one with a bookshelf like that. Lately, I have had the same problem with Kaitlyn pulling off all the books. We finally put the book shelf in the closet and shut the door. Now, they can only read when I'm in the room with them. Am I mean or what? I am in their room with them a lot though. I love your blog and your pictures and I've missed talking to you! I hope you had fun at camp.

MB said...

Soooo cute! I love it!

Meli said...

cute!!!!!!, i m happy that your girls have a good time with each other!!!

allison i m back from my trip!!, so we should do something together!!

Anonymous said...

Allison your children are so cute! I love all of the pictures and stories. I know what you mean about loving that your kids are best friends. I feel the same way about mine. We also have one of those "special" books shelves. My only adivce is hang in there. Isaac and Ella are old enough that they now get the "chore" of cleaning up the books--and they do a good job too. :o) And there is always the added benifit that my kids, and I am sure yours too, LOVE books.

Jake & Barbara said...

I love it. That is sooo funny. How you do it, I don't know. :) Your girls are lovely and soooo adorable. They seem to be a lot of fun. It's so nice to see your blog to keep up with whats going on in your life. I hope all is well. Keep up the patience. I have already learned a great deal with just one child. How I will ever have patience with two? I'll jsut have to cross that bridge when it comes. Thanks for sharing your photos.

-Barbara Orton

Heather Bell said...

They are just too cute!! I love the one with the diaper box in there. It's like Erin knows Lana is being naughty.=) Hailey, of course, had to look at the pictures about 8 times. Nice to see Mike's face on here! Hope the tests went well.

Nana M said...

I loved these pictures and stories.
I admire the Mom for enjoying the pranks and fun of two little sisters, also enjoying handling books. Love to all of you, Nana/Nanny M