I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Birthdays Galore!

Erin Turns 3!
We had a fun birthday party/family bbq for Erin's birthday in July (yes, of course I'm behind!). We also used the occasion to celebrate our newly landscape yard that we are so excited about!

Erin and her friends with the butterfly birthday cake

We played musical present, where the kids had to pass the present around, but when the music stopped, the child with the present could unwrap until the music started up again. Inside was a gift bag for each of the kids.
Butterfly birthday cake. I let the kids go crazy adding the skittles polka dots :)

We played "pin the tail on the camel." That's what you get when your grandparents live in the Middle East :)


I'm not sure who was more excited for Erin's birthday - Erin herself, or Elaina, who kept talking about it for weeks in advance and kept hyping it up on the actual day. Elaina is always such a great helper in a time of need! :)

Elaina turns 5!
Elaina had the princess birthday party that she's been planning for a year...oh wait, she's been talking about it for a year, and I got left with all the planning! :)

Standing with her princess door banner and the magic wand we made at the party, and her first zhu zhu pet!

I think it was a success. I made a Cinderella cake (and I am no cake decorator, so I'm glad it was simple!), and made my first pinata!! I was nervous for the pinata, but it worked out great, and each of the kids got 2 turns to smack it! We also played "musical magic carpets" to princess songs, we decorated magic wands (and shields for the boys), we did a princess/knight dress-up relay race.





the party goers

The rule in our house is that you can't chew gum until you're 5. I was pleased that our $1 birthday present to her was such a hit! An even bigger hit than the Barbie we also gave her...I will keep that in mind with future 5th birthdays :)

Erin was excited for the Littlest Pet Shop Pet that she picked out for her sister

California Party
Just a few days after Elaina's birthday we went to California to visit Mike's family. They were so great and planned a surprise birthday party for the girls...another princess party!
Aunt Kelli made this awesome cake. Let me tell you how cool it is to be in a family with a sister and a brother in law that went to culinary school. We ate pretty well that week :)

Grandpa helping Elaina with the pinata

Erin, attacking pinata #2

Erin and Uncle Tim

Showing off her pinata treasures

Woohoo! Grandma got her a bracelet-making kit

Mom turned 29
I took no pictures because I don't really want to talk about it. I cried. A couple of times. I'm a little depressed about it. And I don't care what anyone says...30 does not feel like the new 20. The weird lines appearing on my neck, the weird spots appearing on my skin and on my face, the weird aches that my body gets for no reason....these things did not happen when I was approaching 20. Oh well, we just won't think about it anymore. 30 just isn't going to happen for me.

However, I do want to share this really sweet video that my Mom created for me. This added to my tears too, and not just because I wish I looked as great as she did at 29! :) Mostly because I am lucky to have such a great Mom.
http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d5467344e7a4d314d7a42384d6a51334e5441774d773d3d0d0a&sb=1&playAgain=true
*In this video are my Mom and my Nana at 29, with their babies

No comments: