I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Just Hangin Out

We've been having so much fun lately - Elaina says and does the funniest things and she is always cracking us up. The latest thing she's discovered is her sense of smell and so she always goes up to things (usually things without a scent - like artificial flowers and candy) , does an exaggerated sniff, and says "mmm, it smells good!" And she is ALWAYS blowing her nose - just because she knows she can, but she usually unravels half the roll of toilet paper to do it. She likes to be center of attention and when anyone ever comes over they usually have to watch her run in circles around the couch until she makes herself dizzy. Today a couple friends came over and were sitting on the couch and she squished herself between them with a big smile on her face - just so happy to be apart of whatever was going on. Oh, and whenever I'm talking on the phone, she has to say hi too - whether it's a friend or the doctor's office. She's very social though and whenever she sees someone her size, she walks up to them, points to herself and says "Hi! I'm Neena!" (that's the closest she can get to saying her name). And she's very good at saying "please" "thank-you" and the latest, "excuse me." She is so fun to have around it's SO easy to forgive those times when she does irritate me (like shattering a jar of mayonnaise all over the kitchen floor this afternoon). I just love her!

And Erin of course is just a little doll. She rolled over for the first time a couple weeks ago and she actually doesn't mind being on her tummy. As soon as she's put on her back, she flips to her tummy and stays that way for a long time. That's how she sleeps now too - and usually with a thumb in her mouth too. She's cooing all the time and has a huge big smile for anyone that looks at her. And her giggle is so cute! She's getting so talkative - and was so noisy during church today - a good noisy because she was just babbling away (not crying) but still loud enough to be disruptive.


Elaina introduces Erin to Baby Einstein

Elaina and Erin adore each other and they're getting to be so cute together! Elaina is always sharing her stuffed animals with Erin and reading stories - it's so cute! I hope they grow up to be best little buddies!


Erin helping Daddy play scrabble - no wonder he won!

Little cutie pie

Sound asleep ... and never without Puppy and Kitty

7 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Allison, you look so good in that picture, Mike, no comment:) Just kidding. It was so fun having you guys over for Thanksgiving. I just love your family. It is fun seeing all the cute pictures of your girls!

Romi said...

Your little girls look SO precious!! I just love to watch all the fun things they do and say at those ages!

Jenna and Daniel said...

I just can't get over how much Elaina has grown since we saw her last. We miss playing scrabble and hearts with you guys. We have no game friends anymore.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful and beautiful family! I can't wait for real snuggles and play time. I love the commentary too and it is a form of journaling the events of this stage of life. I hope you keep a back up someplace.

Love Mom

Heather Bell said...

Wow, I can't believe how old Lana is looking!! Her hair looks great too! And Erin is so pretty. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Heather Bell said...

Wow, I can't believe how old Lana is looking!! Her hair looks great too! And Erin is so pretty. Glad to hear you are doing well.

MB said...

VERY cute! Did you guys know that your girls look like exact replicas of little Allison and little Mikes?
LOVE the picts!