I'm finally getting caught up on our blog! I've been doing a lot of posting lately, so scroll through the older posts (at the bottom of the page) to see other recent posts. One of these days I will actually be caught up! :)

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Are chick flicks predictable?

Elaina and Erin are watching "Anastasia" for the first time. It's right at the beginning of the movie, and I was asking them about it...

Me (pointing to the bad guy, Rasputin): Is he bad?
Elaina: Ohhhhhh, yes
Me: How do you know?
Elaina: Because he has a glow stick that makes him look bad. And he made bugs that were bad

Then I pointed to Dmitry (who becomes Anastasia's love interest):
Me: Is he bad?
Elaina: No, he's the boy that she's going to marry.
Me: Really? Why is she going to marry him? It looks like she doesn't like him
Elaina: Oh, ya, she doesn't like him right now. But she will like him at the end.

Pretty funny since she's never seen this movie (or if she has it was years ago and she doesn't remember it). I guess chick flicks are predictable, but we love them anyway!

1 comment:

MB said...

I've tried to fight it, but, every now-and-then, I really like the chick-flicks. But, I too have started seeing through them. I know, I know, it's taken me a while to predict their endings but, I've started being able to.